Unit 2. Elementary Music Lesson Plans for your Classroom—Oct., Nov., Dec.— based on the National Standards. Suggestions for Remote Learning and In-classroom teaching. All while maintaining a solid, sequential music education program for your students.
Please read this description carefully.
- Standards documents for each grade level & posters
- Song sheets
- INDEX, Extensive list of all songs, activities, games with links
- Teaching posters
- Fabulous activities for fall—Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, etc.
- Suggestions for programs and how to adapt your plans for these months full of interruptions such as holidays, field trips, etc.
Over 200 pages of activities, songs, and Assessments for Unit 2, Oct-Dec. Includes extensive directions for how to teach songs, K-4th grade. 4th grade plans can also be used with 5th graders!
Unit 2 is the second unit in a sequential 4-unit plan. It is also included in the Curriculum Bundle which contains ALL of the resources needed to develop a solid program for your students including grade level and age-appropriate assessments for evaluating student progress. Five lesson plans for each grade for the second 9-week grading period, 45 lessons! And great suggestions for programs!
The Resource INDEX is included for the many teachers who do not have access to books, recordings, and other materials. Links are provided so you can find everything you need!!
From Fall to Halloween to Thanksgiving to December, these lesson plans are based on the standards. Developed from being used over 30 years in the classroom. Proven to be successful!!
To name just a few, activities include:
- Monster Story
- Skin and Bones
- In the Hall of the Mt. King
- Rhythm stick activities, small group projects, pitch-matching games
- Dances, movement
- Compare/contrast "Flight ’76" with "Flight of the Bumblebee"
- "Stooping on the Window," art and language arts connections
- "Jubilee," Hanukkah songs, Silent Night, and much more
NOTE: I used the same lesson plans for 5th grade that I used for 4th grade with only a few changes. My school district did not supply me with any materials or resources for 5th grade general music. Because of the wealth of materials in my 4th grade curriculum, I was never able to get to everything so it worked great. If you are looking for/needing separate plans for 5th grade, you may need to look elsewhere.
Previous Comments from Teachers
Brenda C. September 1, 2019
Extremely Satisfied 5.0
Very detailed lesson plans. An excellent resource.
Jessica W. October 16, 2020
Extremely satisfied 5.0
I have your previous version and have loved it. The updated version is great!
Unit 2 Elementary Music Lesson Plans
This item is a HUGE digital download. Be sure you have what you need to unzip this file. It works with both Mac and PC platforms. READ all the READ FIRST documents to help with organizing. Remember this contains materials, resources, and lesson plans for Unit 2—Oct., Nov., Dec.! Contact me if you have problems–email@example.com